Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Pass It On...

I came off a Skype Coaching Session yesterday evening with a guy who is going through some stuff (Hey...aren't we all)!!
Part of the converstaion dealt with how presenters want feedback. Now, I'm not talking about just an aircheck every now and then or the occasional "Sounding great" as you pass in the halls once a month.
The problem seems to be that as PDs get busier and busier holding down more and more responsibilites in the station, the time they actually have to listen to and notice the on air product is lessened. Not in all cases but definitely in a vast majority. They don't get the chance to direct programmes!
So when you, as the on air guy/girl comes knocking on the door and is asked to 'come back later', it can seem like you are not getting the support or guidance that you are looking for.
Nobody wins.
As I always say - my job should not exist. I should have no clients. Yet, here I am - coaching radio presenters across the globe - all looking for a sounding board, a second opinion, guidance - call it what you will.

So, I came up with a really easy to execute idea.
If you hear somethng on air that you like, or that caught your attention - get in touch with the presenter and tell them. Tweet them, Facebook, email, hire a carrier pigeon...it doesn't matter.
I've been doing this for years, not to gain new clients, but because it's a nice thing to do. If it's honest and comes from the heart, people respond. It may give that other person a boost. We're all human beings working in a small industry. Let's look after eachother a bit more.
Let's face it - if you sound better, then radio sounds better, then that can attract more people listen and we all win.

The video above was taken just after I finished the call, so I'm still pumped by it. Thanks for the thosands of views...and the input :)


No comments:

Post a Comment