Monday, November 7, 2016

Radio Thoughts from Professionals.

I'm a big believer in the fact that if you work in radio, you contribute to radio.
Whether you are aware of it or not.
Every time you open the mic or line up a call or edit a feature, you are contributing to how the industry sounds and is received.
I always say to new presenters - when you are on air, YOU are the radio station. YOU become the programme.

We get caught up in ratngs battles and how our promotion is bigger than theirs - but the bottom line is, we all work in the same industry. We all go through the same challenges. How we face them, is down to personality and experience.

As a broadcaster, what you do impacts me and everyone else in radio. Likewise - I impact you.  The better you are at radio, the better the industry becomes.

With that in mind, I asked some people I admire (presenters, producers, podcasters) to share their thoughts on radio.
I thank them for doing this - these people get the fact that even if we are competing, we are also gaining and learning from eachother.

The first contribution is later today - here, on twitter, facebook and instagram.
I hope you enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment