Friday, November 11, 2016

WeAreRadio


It's been an interesting week.
On Monday I started the series called #WeAreRadio - the idea being to ask radio professionals I admire/like/notice - presenters, producers, PDs, consultants, coaches - to share their radio message.
The response has been wonderful and it proves to me what I beleved to be true - we are all trying to create great radio and all of our methods are valid.

I never subscribe to the 'enemy' mentality of the business. I understand the need for healthy competition but always felt that as an industry we are better together.
That was one of the reasons for this series - to hear from radio people from all over the world and realise they want what you want - to be great, to succeed, to have fun.
No one wants to suck!!
The feedback I have been getting is that everyone seems to agree with these sentiments.

In Ireland, overall radio listenership is down. As a community of professionals (worldwide) it's our duty to fix that...and nothing gets fixed by pulling it apart.
So thank you to the great pros who have taken part in this series so far and to you for reading and commenting on them.
Feel free to share them around if you know someone who might like to see them.

I will present ten more quotes for you next week. Each one an inspiration steeped in experience and passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment